STATOIL, Anchorage, Alaska 2011 to present Head of Office, Manager – Alaska Operations
• Overall responsibility and management of all activities and resources allocated to Statoil’s Alaska office.
• Negotiated and drafted multiple types of agreements with Shell and ConocoPhillips: joint ventures, and equipment cost sharing agreements.
• Represented Statoil as operator and non-operator, conducting Chukchi Sea exploration activities.
• Interpreted ConocoPhillips Operated Devils Paw Farm-in and Joint Operating Agreements to determine Statoil’s rights and obligations.
• Actively participated as a non-operator with ConocoPhillips on the preparation and processing of annual work plans, budgets, AFEs, and joint interest billings.
• Contributed creative solutions on dealing with environmental, regulatory, legal and political issues affecting operations in the arctic.
• Coordinated and executed meetings with joint venture participants, stakeholders, and mid/high level regulators.
• Drafted internal approval memos, presentations, and comment letters as required.
• Responsible for the safety and security of all employees located in Alaska.
• Represented Statoil locally in Alaska towards the communities, federal agencies, media and interest groups.
• Ensured all activities are in line with Statoil values, Procurement policies, North America management systems and best practices.
• Reported on progress, areas of concern/risk and corrective actions to headquarters.
• Networked with other operator’s in Alaska and shared their operational experiences and feedback with others internally.
BROOKS RANGE PETROLEUM CORP., Anchorage, Alaska. 2006-2011 VP of Land & Ext Affairs
• Managed time critical construction of ice roads/pads in support of winter exploration.
• Managed environmental field studies and site reclamation activities pre/post winter exploration drilling and seismic acquisition.
• All field operations were managed without an HSE incident.
• Trained as, and performed the duties of, the Planning Section Chief on the Incident Management Team during spill drills.
• Responsible for execution and documentation of master service agreements with vendors providing drilling rigs, seismic crews, and acquisition of materials/services.
• Responsible for obtaining permits and access authorization in support of surface activities.
• Obtained a surface access agreement from Kuukpik Corporation, the Nuiqsut village corporation (only the second such agreement successfully negotiated by the industry).
• Negotiated and drafted joint venture agreements, and associated operating agreements, providing for exploration and development onshore North Slope of Alaska.
• Interpreted and administered the terms of joint operating agreements with working interest owners through all phases of operations.
• Acquired and maintained State of Alaska oil and gas leases covering more than 350,000 acres, much of the acreage position acquired through farm-in and trade agreements.
• Negotiated and managed Plans of Exploration, Development, and Operation under State of Alaska oil and gas unitization regulations and statutes.
CONOCOPHILLIPS ALASKA, INC., Anchorage, Alaska, 1990-2006 District Landman – CPL
• Negotiated and drafted full phase exploration agreements for the acquisition of 3D seismic, lease acquisition, and exploration drilling joint ventures.
• Developed a strong working relationship with Kuukpik Corporation and Arctic Slope Regional Corporation leading to agreements allowing for the development of Alpine.
• Acquired additional working interest in the Prudhoe Bay Unit from Shell and LL&E.
• Implemented an aggressive exploration strategy on the western North Slope into NPRA.
• Secured approvals from federal and state agencies for exploration/development projects.
ARCO OIL AND GAS COMPANY, Midland, Texas 1987-1990 Petroleum Landman CPL
• Negotiated agreements in support of drilling programs in Michigan and Oklahoma.
• Developed a land strategy for frontier exploration in the Illinois Basin.
• Supervised teams of field brokers in a competitive and cost effective manner.
• Managed a large inventory of both developed and non developed acreage.
ARCO OIL AND GAS COMPANY, Denver, Colorado 1986 1987 Landman Consultant
• Coordinated and perform due diligence review of records, verified contract compliance, preferential rights, and consents to assign for the divestiture of producing properties, pipelines and associated facilities in the Rocky Mountain and mid-continent regions.
PLACID OIL COMPANY, Denver, Colorado 1981 1986 Petroleum Landman
• Negotiated various contracts in support of exploratory drilling efforts throughout the Rocky Mountain Region (majority of deals made in the Powder River Basin, Wyoming).
• Traveled throughout the western U.S. obtaining federal, state and fee leasehold interests.