M.S. Masters of Science, Geology, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, Illinois, 1978
B.A. Bachelor of Arts, Geology, State University of New York, Geneseo, New York, 1975
A.A.S. Associates in Applied Science, Forestry, Paul Smith’s College, Paul Smiths, New York, 1971
1/2015 – 4/2015- Petrotechnical Resources of Alaska, Drilled wildcat for Great Bear Petroleum LLC, evaluating Cretaceous objectives including West Sak and Schrader Bluff intervals.
2001 – 2014– Petrotechnical Resources of Alaska, Anchorage, Alaska
- Consulting Geologist,Geosteering development wells in Greater Prudhoe Bay, Kuparuk, and satellite fields. Well log interpretations, real time geosteering utilizing MWD logs, sample description. Additional duties include travel arrangements and coordination of wellsite geologists in lieu of supervisor presence.
1996 – 2001 – U. S. GEOLOGICAL SURVEY, DENVER, COLORADO CONSULTING GEOLOGIST
- Responsible for stratigraphic correlation, data file management for the National Coal Resource Assessment, Rocky Mountains and Northern Great Plains. Joint BLM and USGS Coal Bed Methane Project, developed canister technology for coal core desorption, field collection techniques for wellsite data. Manipulation of databases utilizing Stratifact and other Windows based software packages. Responsible for well site collection of data and well log interpretation.
1990 – 1996 – OCHS RESTORATIONS AND RESOURCES, DENVER, COLORADO
Licensed Aircraft Mechanic, Consulting Geologist
- Responsible for aircraft maintenance and safety inspection of general aviation aircraft including flight school aircraft, Generated oil and gas prospects in the Powder River Basin and Hugoton Embayment.
1986 – 1990 – OCHS RESOURCES, DENVER, COLORADO
Consulting Geologist, High School Teacher
- Generated oil and gas prospects in the Uinta Basin, Hugoton Embayment and Powder River Basins. Well-site geologist, Uinta Basin, Piceance Creek Basin, Hugoton Embayment, western Kansas. Earned teaching credentials for the States of Colorado, Washington, and Alaska and taught high school earth science, biology, and chemistry in the Denver and Aurora public schools.
1981 – 1986 – SOUTHLAND ROYALTY COMPANY, DENVER, COLORADO
Exploration, Development and Well Site Geologist
- Generated oil and gas prospects in the Uinta Basin, Big Horn Basin, Powder River Basin, Williston Basin, Hugoton Embayment, western Kansas. Responsible for coring, well log interpretation and quality control and drill stem test witnessing and interpretation.
1979 – 1981 – ARCO OIL AND GAS, DENVER, COLORADO
- Responsible for initiating oil and gas exploration in the Williston Basin. Well site geologist on Red River and Mississippian tests.
1977 – 1979 – AMOCO PRODUCTION CO., HOUSTON, TEXAS
Exploration and Development Geologist
- Responsible for developing exploration and development prospects in the Michigan Basin. Responsible for coring and well log interpretation of prospective pay zones in The Niagaran Reef Play in southern Michigan. Responsible for well site geology, dst interpretation, and well log interpretation.