Proactive, process improvement and results oriented business and financial manager with quality experience in private industry and public accounting. Demonstrated ability to quickly learn diverse industries / business models and make improvements to operations, financial processes, internal controls, and financial results. People person with great interpersonal skills who prioritizes team development. Able to lead, work, and communicate efficiently in pressured environment of tight deadlines. Sees big picture and works with team to develop strategies to achieve results. Uses sound judgment and ethical leadership in business decisions.
Masters in Business Administration, MBA, June 2006
University of Washington, Seattle, Washington
Certified Public Accountant, CPA, 1997 – Current
State of Alaska, Anchorage, Alaska
Bachelors in Accounting 1993
University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah
2007 – 2008 – Consultant, PRA / BP – E & P Consulting
- Worked with team to prepare annual budgets and performed forecasting and reporting for half of BP’s Alaskan business.
- Designed and built an OLAP (XL2) expense reporting model and worked with team to implement an OLAP (Outlooksoft) tool which forecasts and reports Alaskan project activity
2002 – 2007 – Treasurer and Chief Financial Officer, NSEDC, – Seafood & Economic Development Co.
- Supervised finance, accounting, and information technology company activity.
- Key team member in support of a 134% equity growth from 2002+.
- Provided accurate annual and quarterly financial reports and forecasts to CEO, Board of Directors, and department managers.
- Provided needed transparency into organization finances by clearly reporting activity and important issues to CEO and Board of Directors.
- Brought strategic planning and budgeting to organization that involves department managers, CEO, and Board of Directors.
- Motivated department managers by asking them to develop their plans and budgets along with CEO and myself.
- Developed and motivated team through training and education, and implemented proper internal controls and business practices in growth environment.
- Trained and managed six staff which supported operations of up to 125+ employees.
2001 – Consultant: Anvil Corporation – Petroleum Engineering Company
- Provided improved cost analysis for project control and provided performance metrics for development projects.
- Provided and improved model for staff headcount reporting, scheduling, and forecasting
1996 – 2000 – Financial Analyst: Atlantic Richfield, ARCO Alaska, Inc. (AAI)
- Interfaced with operations, management, and corporate headquarters to provide performance reporting and analysis for an operating company with $3B in revenue.
- Modeled, analyzed, and reported variances to budgets for Alaska’s $600M+ of annual capital expenditures by designing and utilizing a shared Excel and Hyperion model.
- Conducted a broad range of analytical business studies that identified cost savings, operational trends, forecasted activity, and estimated merger and acquisition M&A impacts.
- Received four “Exceptional Contribution Awards” (ECA’s) for outstanding performance on projects which included support for Federal Trade Commission (FTC) information request related to a merger, the development a merger related $1B cost model, the execution of a 67 page budget book update, and the design and creation of an audit database that tracks audit claims.
- Produced Alaska’s monthly financial and operational report to Corporate CEO and received compliments from Corporate.
1996 – 1997 – Internal Auditor: Atlantic Richfield, ARCO Alaska, Inc. (AAI)
- Coordinated audits of Alaska operations with Exxon & BP Amoco, responsible for an audit claim balance of approximately $30M, and negotiated audit claim settlement.
- Annually provided written and verbal responses for 185 audit claims, resolving 78 claims, and responded to 140 information requests. The largest settlement had a $15M favorable impact.
1992 – 1993 – Accountant, Kimball Electronics (Fifty-year-old electronics/appliance distributor with stores in Utah, Idaho, and Colorado)
- Processed payables, performed cost benefit analysis, managed customer database, and backed-up/shut-down network.