Colorado School of Mines, B.S. Geological Engineering, Golden, Colorado
SMU Engineering and Applied Science Center; MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems
Engineer WinNT 4.0 # 1936683), A+ certified, MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional), Novell CNE
University of Houston, Post-baccalaureate studies in petroleum geology, Graduate school Geology
Licensed Geologist-Petroleum, State of TX. #6664
2005-Present Petrotechnical Resources of Alaska (Anchorage, AK) / QO, Inc (Houston, Texas)
- Wellsite Geologist, Areas worked: Prudhoe Bay Ut – Z-14B, GNI-2A, NGI 13A, H-14B; Endicott -4-14A, 2-30B/ Me-01; Milne Point S39, S41/41A, S43, F96; Interior AK Anadarko Jacob’s Ladder, Rampart Nunivak #1 exploration well; Deepwater GoM: BP Kaskida discovery, StatOil Green Canyon exploration drilling, and BHP Billiton’s Shenzi (Green Canyon 653/654) appraisal and development. Skills used – drilling/geosteering deviated to horizontal wells, picking csg./coring points/TD, well testing (press., fluid samples, pre-frac, sidewall cores), well logging (supervision, analysis/quality control), oversight of full hole coring, wellsite service company supervision and communication), cuttings description, clear/ concise daily office and partner reporting/communications, real time comparison of actual drilling data/picks to planned data (impact on continuing well plan), end of well analysis/s/reports and distribution of well data
2001- 2005 Occidental Oil and Gas Houston, Texas
- Production Geologist, World Wide Operations and Non-Operated Assets groups– oversight of OXY non- operated fields in Masila Bk., Yemen, and Badin Bk., Pakistan, act1ve drilling schedule (av. 2 to 3 wells per month). Performed OXY reservoir mapping and interpretations for volumetric calculations for reserves bookings, reservoir characterization and analysis (including 3-D modeling Gocad) for better and quicker fld. development and helped plan and monitor difficult deviated to horizontal/multi-lateral well drilling (av. of 1 horizontal well drilled per month). Attended partner technical meetings (once per quarter) in which OXY team influenced and helped partners formulate well plans, fld. development, and provided technical knowledge exchanges between companies. Prepared and presented numerous presentations to OXY management to obtain prospect well location approval, and attended and participated in OXY and Partner peer reviews. Also performed international Data Room visits and analysis of data provided – geological expertise for bid on properties/leases put up for sale by national oil companies
1999-2001 Consulting Geologist Frisco, Texas
- Self employed Geologist – 1) Providing geological expertise for reservoir characterization project, Veritas/Pemex in Coatzalcoalcos, Mexico. Performed fieldwield sand correlations, SP log curve facies analysis, and geologic mapping (structure, fault plane). 2) Spent time obtaining additional Landmark (Zmap, StratWorks,) training, DOS,and UNIX, MicroSoft systems.
1997 – 1999 CGG/Exgeo Integrated Studies Maracaibo, Venezuela
- Development Geologist – Integrated Studies project, Bolivar Coastal Field – Miocene reservoir LL-05. Exgeo contracted by PDVSA (National Petroleum Co. of Ven.) to perform an in-depth study of the Lagunillas Formation of the Lower Miocene interval. Responsible for helping gather and QC all the widespread and unorganized data for the field (over 3000 wells), deviated well surveys, core and paleo data, old and new production data, needed to perform the project (took over 8 months). Performed regional geological correlations (created the regional cross-section grid for the project), produced geological maps (base, structure, net sand, fault), supplied geological review of PDVSA proposed drilling locations, and gave input to reservoir modeling/simulations for the engineering group. Also provided training in geologic and basic computer to the local staff.
1990 – 1997 British Petroleum Exploration (Alaska) Anchorage, Alaska
- Development/Operations Geologist, Prudhoe Bay Unit, North Slope. Responsible for field development plans, well planning and drilling operations, reservoir description and fluid surveillance. Multi-disciplinary team work skills and leadership ability highly used. Involved in cutting edge drilling technology (horizontal wells, sidetracks, coil tubing). Influenced partners (ARCo and Exxon) in sensitive field development issues. Developed and drilled new well field extensions and secondary reservoir prospects. Reservoir characterization performed for input to reservoir simulations. Water flood/gas injection projects managed. Strong use of log evaluation, communications, organizational, interpersonal and networking (both within and outside of BP) skills. Successfully planned and completed 4 major development programs (30 wells drilled) which added some 30 million bbls of reserves.
1983-1990 British Petroleum Exploration Houston, Texas
- Exploration Geologist, Exploration Group GOM. Worked Louisiana offshore shelf area (Main Pass). Responsible for Miocene play identification and analysis for bidding in lease sales and analysis of competitor activity offshore La. shelf. Seismic stratigraphy used heavily along with traditional seismic interpretation and exploration skills. BP successful in bidding on 2 of blocks where my group had identified possible prospects.
- Technology Information Group, on staff of Chief Devel. Geologist. Responsible for and worked with geoscience new hire training, college recruiting, summer intern program and monitoring company-wide USA operations and production for management updates. Successfully managed new hire/intern program that averaged 40 people per year. Heavy use of people, planning, supervision, interviewing, teaching and organizational skills.
- Standard Oil Production Co., Gulf Coast Division. Geologist in Acquisitions group Texas and Louisiana Federal Offshore waters Performed quick field/lease analysis for purchase or not recommendations Learned how to best determine a field or lease’s potential worth and upside in time critical time frames. Recommended numerous lease/field purchases which Sohio successfully bought. Exploration Geologist, Texas District 3 Onshore exploration, Oligocene (Frio), and Texas State Waters – Miocene Fm. Responsible for prospect generation and subsequent drilling – well site work. Performed Frio Fm. studies/analysis over multiple county areas. Participated in numerous offshore lease sales. Drilled two major prospects I helped generate – one success, one dry hole.
1979 – 1983 Texas Gas Exploration Corporation Houston, Texas
- Geologist in Development and Reservoir Engineering group responsible for generation of development prospects within Texas and Louisiana Gulf Coast onshore and offshore (State, Federal waters). Involved in drilling many prospects, many successful and added significant reserves, some were geological successes but economic failures. Exploration Geologist in Exploration Group responsible for generation of prospects, Texas Gulf Coast onshore/offshore. Worked on Miocene, Frio, Wilcox, Yegua-Cockfield Fms. Interpreted county-wide seismic programs, mapped prospect areas for purchase, evaluated and recommended bidding on blocks nominated for lease sales. Performed field/well site work involved in prospects generated. 20% of time screened deals from other companies, recommended purchase of and drilled several deals successfully.
1973 – 1979 Tenneco Oil Company, Gulf Coast Division Houston, Texas
- Geological Engineer – Responsible for the generation of development prospects (TX/LA) and for field studies on existing Tenneco fields. Helped generate many prospects, drilled with varying success. Performed all field/well site work – coring and logging runs, cuttings analysis, well testing and stimulation. Participated in Unitization hearings on successful prospects. Formations worked Cotton Valley, Hosston, Frio, Vicksburg, Wilcox, and Miocene.