Extensive background in all aspects of public and community relations.
- More than 29 years experience in all aspects of public affairs programs for BP, one of the world’s largest Fortune 500 companies
- Expertise includes all phases of publications management and production; website management; media relations, community affairs and issue management
- Proven ability to interface effectively with technical and management personnel inside the company and with diverse constituencies outside the company
- Familiarity with both PC and Mac platforms, MS Word, desktop publishing software, Adobe Photoshop and other computer programs necessary for effective communications programs
- Lifetime Alaska resident—acquainted with business, civic and other thought leaders throughout Anchorage and the state and key issues
- Exceptional organizational skills, multi-tasking ability, and detail oriented
B.A. degree, Journalism, University of Alaska Fairbanks May 1974
2007 – Present Communications Consultant, Writer – BP Alaska
After retirement from BP in 2007, became contractor to BP Alaska through Glacier Services, Inc. Duties include writing and editing articles for the company’s internal communications, which include website and publications. Articles are also directed to national and international company communications vehicles.
2001 – 2007 Horizon editor, Americas – BP
Responsible for providing copy, photos, graphics covering BP operations in U.S., Canada, Mexico and Latin America for BP’s global magazine, 60 pages, distributed to about 80,000 staff across the world. Extensive supervision of freelance writers and photographers. Regular contributor to BP Magazine, external corporate publication. Based in Houston, supported internal communications efforts that included Planet BP website.
1978 – 2001 Associate Director, Publications – BP Exploration Alaska
- Responsible for managing $300,000+ annual publications program that is an essential part of the company’s overall communications and issue management program.
- Direct supervision of several contractors to produce award-winning publications, some of which include The Juneau Report, Arctic Energy for Today and Tomorrow, BPX in Alaska, and BP, 40 Years of Risks and Rewards, a history of BP in Alaska.
- Content Manager for the company’s external website (2000-2002)
- Produced videos, posters, brochures and other materials to support North Slope tour program
- Supported corporate publication and photo requests from headquarters in London
- Supported media relations and community relations programs, including both planning and implementation of projects
- Skilled writer and editor
- Published author