Oil Exploration Geologist who has used seismic data extensively to find and develop oil in many different basins around the world. Expert in horizontal drilling.
Bachelor of Science, Iowa State University, 1966
1997-1999 – CONSULTING GEOLOGIST, ORBIS ENGINEERING ON CONTRACT TO ARCO ALASKA & BP EXPLORATION
Horizontal Drilling, North Slope, Alaska.
- Well planing and onsite guiding of horizontal wells in the following formations: Ugnu, Schraeder Bluff (Milne Pt.), Kuparuk, (Milne Pt.), Pt MacIntyre, Alpine,(Jurassic), Sag River and Ivishak (Prudhoe), and also Tarn and Lisburne North Slope, Alaska.
1995-1997 – CONSULTING GEOLOGIST
- Self employed. Prospecting for oil in Permian Basin, Texas.
1994-1997 – STAFF GEOLOGIST. ARCO ALASKA, ANCHORAGE, ALASKA.
- Exploration. Development and operations, North Slope.
1987-1992 – CHIEF GEOLOGIST/STAFF GEOLOGIST, ARCO DUBAI, United Arab Emirates.
- Oil and gas prospect generation and development geology, limestones.
1977-1982 – SENIOR GEOLOGIST, ARCO INDONESIA, JAKARTA INDONESIA.
- Oil prospect generation in sandstone and limestone, N. E. Kalimantan, Java Sea and Malacca Striates. Operations and wellsite geologist in all areas. Development geology in same areas.
1974-1977 – ARCO INTERNATIONAL, LOS ANGELES.
- International operations, prospect evaluation and liaison with upper management on many areas worldwide.
1966-1974 – GEOPHYSICST, WESTERN GEOPHYSICAL CO.
• Exploration: Integration and interpretation of seismic, well and outcrop data for finding oil and gas. (extensive experience with seismic data.)
• Development Geology on both sandstone and limestone reservoirs.
• Computer literate with various programs plus 3-d seismic work station experience.
Journal of Petroleum Technology Sept 1984.
“Use of Microresistivity from the Dipmeter to Improve Formation Evaluation in thin sands,” Indonesia. Authors J.E. Sallee, ARCO Indonesia and B. R. Wood, Schlumberger.