Jaquelyn has over 25 years of experience working on on and offshore drilling rigs, including nine years sailing onboard the marine geology research vessel JOIDES Resolution. She first sailed as a shipboard scientist on Leg 135 and published her results the following year. As a Technician for ODP, she worked in the XRF, XRD, Underway Geophysics and Downhole Tools labs while working with the other technicians to process the thousands of meters of core and many thousands of samples collected on each two month cruise. She then transferred to an industry position, first as a mudlogger, quickly moving up to a Lead Data Engineer position working both in the North Sea and Kazakhstan. In 2005, she moved from mudlogging to Wellsite Geology, working for Sunburst Consulting geosteering wells primarily in the Willilston Basin. She was then offered a position with RPS Energy Services and continued to build her experience as a wellsite geologist working both in the US and in Canada. Since 2011, she has been working for Petrotechnical Resources of Alaska, working primarily on a coil tubing rig on the North Slope. (Over 70 CT Wells)
B.S., Geology, University of Tulsa, Tulsa, Oklahoma, 1987
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
6/11 – Present – WELLSITE GEOLOGIST, PETROTECHNICAL RESOURCES OF ALASKA
- Currently contracted to BP. Experience with coil tubing rig and rotary drilling having worked on over 70 CT wells and 6 rotary wells since 2011
8/05 – 4/11 – GEOLOGICAL CONSULTANT, RPS ENERGY SERVICES, CALGARY, ALBERTA
- Geologic consultant contracted primarily to geosteer horizontal wells both in the US and Canada. Also operated gas detection equipment when required.
3/04 – 5/05 – GEOLOGICAL CONSULTANT, SUNBURST CONSULTING INC., BILLINGS, MT
- Wellsite geologist responsible for geosteering horizontal wells in the Williston Basin and for the operation of gas trap and gas chromatograph equipment.
1/05 – 2/05 – GEOLOGICAL CONSULTANT, NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC
- Consulting Geologist on a National Geographic photographic expedition to document the critically endangered pygmy sloth population on Isla de Veraguas off the coast of Panama.
10/01 – 08/03 – SENIOR DATA ENGINEER, DATALOG, UK
- Responsible for calibration and maintenance of mudlogging equipment and rig instrumentation and for supervision of sample-catchers. Worked in the Danish sector of the North Sea and in Kazakhstan.
6/01 to 10/01 – DATA ENGINEER, DATALOG, US
- Completed training as a sample catcher and data engineer in the US before transferring to the UK division.
5/92-03/01 – MARINE LAB SPECIALIST, OCEAN DRILLING PROGRAM
- Sailed onboard the JOIDES Resolution on a two month on-off rotation working in the shipboard laboratories including, XRF, XRD, Underway Geophysics and Downhole Tools. Responsible for sample preparation and analysis, instrument maintenance and calibration, and curation of cores and samples.
12/90-2/91 – SHIPBOARD SCIENTIST, OCEAN DRILLING PROGRAM LEG 135, LAU BASIN
- Sailed on the JOIDES Resolution from Suva, Fiji to Pago Pago, American Samoa as the carbonate sedimentologist for ODP Leg 13. Described Core and contributed to the Lithostratographic chapters of the Initial Results Volume. Completed post-cruise research and published results as: Ledbetter, J.K. and Haggerty, J.A., 1994, Late Miocene sedimentation history of the Tonga forearc at Site 840. In Hawkins, J., Parson, L., Allan, J., et al., Proc. ODP, Sci. Results, 135: College Station, TX (Ocean Drilling Program), 163-172
6/89 – 8/90 – RIVER GUIDE AND GEOLOGIC INTERPRETER, WILD RIVERS EXPEDITIONS, BLUFF, UTAH
- Worked as a river guide and geologic interpreter for two seasons on the San Juan River in southeastern Utah. Also worked as a guide and interpreter on six Grand Canyon trips for various outfitters.
• Completed 21 hours of graduate level courses with a GPA of 4.0
• Description and Assessment of Rock Quality from Drill Cuttings, Doug Hayden, October 2005
• Well Control, Hydrocarbon Evaluation, and Unit Manager Training, 2002
• Formation Evaluation, Basic and Advanced QLog, 2001
• Basic Offshore Safety Introduction & Emergency Training, 2001
• Marine Firefighting, Texas A & M University, 1995
OPITO BOSIET Certification Sept 18, 2014
• Experience with Geolog geosteering software.
• Experience with XRF and XRD sample prep and instrument calibration.
• Experience with rig instrumentation, gas chromatography, hydraulics and basic well control theory