Over 20 years of Operational Management and Supervisory Experience. Strong team player; self-motivated, ability to learn quickly. Excellent inter-personal and communication skills with solid contract administration and facilities management.
• Successfully developed and led teams of 4-12 professionals performing Safety Compliance testing to meet State and Company regulations.
• Directed 5-75 professionals for safe and efficient operation of Drilling, Production and Disposal Facilities consisting of drilling and well service units; gas lift; gas injection; water flood; solid and liquid waste management.
•Directed Class I and Class II Waste Disposal Injection and Compressed Natural Gas Facilities.
• Directed construction and maintenance of facility modifications; pipeline installation; drill site pads; wellhead installations; gravel roads; airstrips; ice roads; ice drill pads.
• Experience using DIMS, AWGRS and WellEz daily report programs
• Developed test procedures and database for safety compliance testing of oil / gas wells, reducing monthly failure rates 30%.
• Improved daily operating procedures to optimize production by 50%-100%.
• Reduced monthly operating cost of labor and equipment by 50%.
• Improved well procedures resulting in 50% decrease in cost.
• Designed a fluid load / unload system resulting in 25% annual cost reduction.
• Developed a technical manual and safe operating procedure to standardize drilling operations.
• Designed reserve pit dewatering and disposal system to comply with environmental requirements and permits.
• Designed modifications to Waste Facility to process Real Time Drilling Fluids.
• Developed erosion and maintenance program to prevent damage to machinery, pipeline and process piping.
• Drill Site Manager / Well Site Leader May 2012 – Current
Directed the operation of rotary, hydraulic work over rig for drilling new wells, completion and conversion of injection and producing wells with gas lift assist to ESP for Hilcorp Alaska, LLC. in Cook Inlet Alaska. Managed the logistics, transportation, communications, service providers and contractors to successfully achieve these goals.
• Drill Site Manager / Well Site Leader August 2011 – May 2012
Directed the operation of drilling and completing of horizontal gas wells, plug and abandonment of non producing gas wells in the North Slope Borough Gas Fields. Managed the logistics, transportation, communications, service providers and contractors to successfully achieve these goals.
• Well Site Superintendent February 2010 – April 2010
Directed the operation of hydraulic work over rig, full-bore, electric and slick line units for permanent plug and abandonment of oil and gas wells in the Point Thompson Unit, North Slope Alaska. Responsible for HSE and Training compliance for these units.
ASRC E & P Technology
• Well Site Leader 2002- May2009
Directed the operation of work over rigs, full-bore, coil tubing, electric and slick line units. Responsible for HSE and Training compliance for these units.
PEAK OILFIELD SERVICE
• Plant Superintendent 2000-2001
Directed the operation of Waste Disposal Injection Facility for Class I and Class II wastes and Compressed Natural Gas Facility. These are PSM facilities and are governed by EPA / AOGCC Regulations.
• Project Manager 1996-2000
Directed the operation for excavation and injection of drilling reserve pits for Class I and Class II wastes. Recommend for approval by the client of engineered designs and/or changes to improve safety; maintenance; environmental protection; production; pipeline and well integrity. Provided leadership for the training and development of personnel.
ATLANTIC RICHFIELD COMPANY
• Senior Well Supervisor 1993-1994
Directed the testing, training and development of the safety valve test system for State and Company safety compliance.
• Senior Production/Drilling Supervisor 1987-1993
Directed the operation of drilling rigs, drillsite and production facilities including electric, slickline, frac and coil tubing units for both onshore Alaska and offshore Cook Inlet Alaska wells. Provided leadership for the training and development of personnel.
• Drillsite Operator 1986-1987
Operated oil / gas process and production equipment, participated in start up of new drillsite production facilities.
• Senior Drilling Supervisor 1977-1986
Directed the operation of land and offshore drilling and workover projects. Developed procedures to reduce cost of drilling, cementing, workover and completing wells. Prepared a technical manual to standardize North Slope Alaska drilling procedures.