BA History, Education, Seattle Pacific College 1969
Health, Safety & Environment Consultant
- International Society of Safety Auditors
- American Society of Safety Engineers ASSE
- Society of Petroleum Engineers SPE
- Facilitated numerous PHA reviews of oil and gas and refinery systems.
- Served as project lead in developing a successful Process Safety Management system for Unocal Alaska Operations.
- Served as project lead in developing safe work practices for the Unocal Alaska Operations.
- Audited compliance with safe work practices and provided reports to management teams.
- Participated in the audit team of Unocal Western Region DOT Pipelines.
- Project lead for the design and installation of safety systems for 25,000 bpd facility, both onshore and offshore. Total project value, $180MM.
- Participate in numerous ISRS management system audits throughout Unocal operations. Areas included Thailand, Indonesia, Netherlands, Gulf Coast, Western Region and Mid Continent.
- Participated as an instructor in numerous supervisor fire training and protection schools. Schools were held at Texas A & M, Kenai and Reno.
HSE Consultant (2005-Present)
· Conducted numerous PHA reviews for PSM compliance.
· Participated in oil spill cleanup response team for the Cosco Busan in San Francisco.
· Provide safety review of contractor programs.
· Reviewed contracts for HSE compliance measures.
Forest Oil Corporation, Anchorage, Alaska
Safety, Health and Environment Manager (1997-2004)
- Reported to the Senior V.P.
- Successfully permitted two wildcat exploratory drilling programs.
- Successfully permitted two major production facilities. This included all environmental, oil spill prevention, fire marshal and operating permits.
- Coordinated Hazop studies of three major facilities.
- Coordinated the design and installation of fire protection and other safety systems on one offshore and two onshore facilities.
- Implemented the safe work and permitting program within the business unit.
- Trained personnel in all aspects of the operating permits. This training included OSHA, discharge permit, air permit, waste storage and disposal and other operating permit compliance.
- · Performed periodic audits of field permit compliance.
Unocal Oil and Gas, Kenai, Alaska
Health and Safety Supervisor (1972-1997)
- Coordinated the development of the compliance program for Process Safety Management.
- Participated in the founding of three co-ops to handle oil spill clean up, Cook Inlet, North Slope and Gulf of Alaska.
- Initiated the Cook Inlet industry fire school. Secured local, industry and State funding to support the school.
- Led the team that initiated the regulatory required training program for all oilfield works. Training program was sponsored by the local university.
- Coordinated the development of the safe work practices and job safety training for all field employees. Assisted in the training for these programs.
- Participated in numerous accident investigations throughout the company and helped to develop the reports to management.
- Participated in numerous audits throughout the company, both domestic and international. Helped in the preparation of the final reports.
- Coordinated the development of the Unocal safety program after a review of government, industry and peer groups.
- · Provided compliance information and safety requirements during design and Hazop meetings for major projects and process changes.