Bachelor of Arts, Organizational Management, summa cum laude, Alaska Pacific University, 1996
Associate of Arts, magna cum laude, University of Alaska – Anchorage, 1988
March 2002 to June 2010: BP Exploration (Alaska) Inc., Procurement/Supply Chain Management, Commercial Business Support Group
- Primarily responsible for developing, negotiating, and administering services contracts for BP’s Alaska business (North Slope and Anchorage). This role required constant interaction with diverse technical teams to assess business needs and employ company principles to achieve best-in-class contract negotiation, development, commercial execution, strategy development support, demand management focus, and subsequent contract compliance and administration.
- North Slope and Anchorage sector teams engaged: Operations and maintenance for North Star, Milne, Badami, Endicott, and Prudhoe, Corrosion Inspection and Chemicals, Seismic acquisition, Data Management, Digital Communications and Technology group (telecom, applications, systems, infrastructure, and desktop), Logistics (marine, rail, truck, air), Drilling and Wells (coiled-tubing drilling and new build rigs), Health, Safety, and Environmental, headquarters Facilities support, and the Mid-stream (pipeline transportation) group.
- Typically worked with BP local, national, and global supply chain as a point of contact for specific business sectors. Interacted with Legal representatives at critical junctures. Objective was to network with regional and global teams, identify supply chain drivers, solicit the market for sector spend, provide critical path information for capital valuation plan processes for project execution, and negotiate with and secure suppliers for successful scope of work and safe performance delivery.
- Strong leadership and communication skills were required for assembling and facilitating ad hoc technical teams for negotiation, risk assessment, and contract terms. Led the teams as the PSCM point of contact.
- Engaged and assisted teams in strategy presentation to senior management team, and in long-range planning and overall contract implementation and compliance.
- Negotiated with local, national, and global companies for multi-million dollar contracts. Largest contract success: $250 Million.
- Innovative solutions were employed to improve contract delivery strategies. Networked with regional and global teams and companies to implement contracts in multi regions across the US and international BP sites.
- Other: Frequently served as team coach for formal cross-training on systems and procedures, point of contact for BP initiatives, tag for common process development and roll-out for Alaska contracts administration. Frequent interaction with accounting local and global, and systems teams relating to contract implementation, compliance, and problem resolution.
- Received President’s Award for HSE Excellence in role as HSE Advocate. Member of Business Support Team and Emergency Response Coordinator for Crisis Response.
February 2001 to March 2002: BP Exploration (Alaska) Inc., AEX Department
- Provided Land negotiation expertise to BP’s Alaska business units involved in field exploration, development and production, including the Infrastructure-Led and Core Exploration (new field) groups. Heavy emphasis placed on land negotiation, partner relationships, contract evaluation, development, negotiation, and execution, land strategy formulation, agreement management and compliance, lease and data acquisitions, data management, lease sales, lease management, financial tracking, and federal and state regulatory land expertise. Main areas of focus are the North Slope Foothills, Kuparuk River Unit, Milne Point Unit, the western North Slope, and other exploration areas. Land and lease issues are the impetus for the development and implementation of all forms of Land agreements requiring a comprehensive knowledge of the oil and gas industry’s upstream business. Exploration group in Alaska discontinued in 2002.
January 2000 to January 2001: Alaska Dept. of Natural Resources
Natural Resource Manager
- Provided land title expertise and client interface in the development, design, and performance of the State of Alaska Land Administration System (LAS) database. Client contact for enhancing system design and integrity in accordance with legislation, regulation, and policy. Developed recommendations for system redesign and capital improvement projects based on client business practices. Provided technical support as system administrator and serve as facilitator/negotiator between client and programming/status graphics units. Interface with DNR management, technical and adjudication staff as LAS main point of contact. Promoted communication with internal LAS Users (500+ client base), with DNR staff, and with external clientele. Created client web site as learning, troubleshooting, and information site. Developed interactive help pages, trouble reports, and monthly newsletters. Developed and instituted status plat training and orientation program classes for all of DNR LAS users.
February 1998 to January 2001: Land Shark Land Services
- Oil and Gas Landwork, dba Land Shark Land Services. Clients: BP, ARCO (now ConocoPhillips), Forcenergy (now Forest Oil), Unocal (now Chevron), U.S. Department of Energy, Mapmakers Alaska. Various projects: DOE study of historical lease sale data; portfolio report development; land title work; lease administration for North Slope and Cook Inlet producers.
November 1988 to January 1998: Cook Inlet Region, Inc.
Resource Management Officer
- Management of 1.5+ million acres of subsurface obtained through the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act (ANCSA) in the Cook Inlet area for oil and gas exploration and development. CIRI Land holdings are on the Kenai Peninsula and on the West Side of Cook Inlet. Responsible for development and negotiation of land and lease agreements, divestiture of North Slope ownership interest, data licensing and sales, permit issuance, lease administration and budgeting, regulatory compliance, contract administration, technical data control, inspection, royalty enforcement of ANCSA laws on CIRI lands with federal and state agencies and lessees. Served as CIRI representative for legislative and local industry issues; interfaced with state and federal agencies regularly. Responsible for monitoring lessor royalty interest and lessee working interest for CIRI and CIRI Production Company in Cook Inlet and the North Slope. Lessees included ARCO, Anadarko, Unocal, Marathon, Union Texas Petroleum, Chevron, Mobil. As Lessee, working interest held in State of Alaska and University of Alaska leases.
1988: MILA Administrative Services
- Supported Chugach Electric Association, Anchorage Telephone Utility, Marathon Oil Company
1986 to 1988: University of Alaska Anchorage
Tutor and full-time student
- Operated Reading/Writing Center; Tutored English and Math.
1982 to 1986: ARCO Alaska Inc.
Executive Administrative Support
- Administrative support for executive management in Engineering, Exploration, and North Slope divisions at ARCO. Two years remote North Slope experience at Prudhoe Bay.
1974 to 1982: Other Positions Held – Home Loan Assistant – Veterans Administration – GI Bill home loan underwriter (Alaska). Administrative support – Oil and gas Onshore Field Operations, U.S. Geological Survey (currently Minerals Management Service and Bureau of Land Management), and Regulatory Functions Branch of U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (Alaska).
1975-1976: Automatic Sprinkler Corporation of America, (Ohio).
Accounts Receivable Accountant