Mr. Dykema has over 30 years of experience in the petroleum exploration and mining industry, with a diversified background ranging from wellsite geologic consulting to coal reserve estimation and computer application design and development. Mr. Dykema has extensive experience in the exploration and development phase of many of the major oil and gas fields in America, including: Alaskan NPRA exploration, Kuparuk, Point Thomson, Kandik Basin, Kenai Peninsula and Cook Inlet; Elk Hills California; and Marcellus Shale in eastern Pennsylvania. Mr. Dykema also has extensive experience both developing and managing development of complex computer systems specializing in 3-D modeling of complex geological data and reserve estimation.
B.S. in Geology and Computer Science – Colorado State University
6/2011 – Present: PRA Resources Anchorage, AK
- Wellsite geological work in Kuparuk, West Sak and Tarn Field: Work includes technical geo-steering of horizontal, multi-lateral and deviated wells, while interacting with on-site drilling staff and Anchorage-based personnel. Accessory services provided include complex reporting, MWD logging supervision, and cuttings description.
5/2010 – 6/2011: RPS Energy – Troy, PA
- Provide technical geo-steering and other geologic wellsite services to development drilling program for major oil company in northeastern Pennsylvania, working on Marcellus shale. Also includes strip log creation, reporting, sample description, gas monitoring.
2003-2005, 2009-2010: Epoch Wellsite Services (Canrig), Inc. – Anchorage, AK
- Provide exploration wellsite services to exploration drilling programs for major oil companies in Cook Inlet (Osprey, Steelhead Platforms), Kenai Peninsula (Marathon, Unocal, Chevron), and North Slope (ExxonMobil, ConocoPhillips, ENI, Husky).
1993 – Present: F.C. Tucker Company – Zionsville, IN
Realtor/Broker – residential real estate sales
1993 – Present: Lane’s End Consulting – Zionsville, IN
Owner – Senior Consultant
- Design, develop, implement and support computer applications for the mining industry.
1980 – 1993: AMAX Coal Industries, Inc. – Indianapolis, IN
Manager Systems Development – Engineering
- Managed Department of engineers and IT staff to support engineering functions throughout the company.
1979 – 1980: Resource Technology, Inc. – Westminster, CO
- Supervised drilling and coring projects in the Western U.S.
1977 – 1979: Petro-Tec Wellsite Services, Inc. – Anchorage, AK
- Provided exploration wellsite services to drilling programs for major oil companies – North Slope, Alaska.
WELLSITE GEOLOGIC SERVICES (Kuparuk) on horizontal multi-lateral oil wells in Kuparuk, West Sak and Tarn Fields, North Slope, Alaska for Petrotechnical Resources of Alaska – targeted the Kuparuk ‘A’ and ‘C’ sands Responsible for well navigation based on MWD gamma and seismic data, coordinating activities with on-site and Anchorage-based personnel.
This project was directly responsible for increasing field output 10% over 2 year period according to client.
WELLSITE GEOLOGIC SERVICES (Marcellus) on horizontal gas wells in northeastern Pennsylvania for Talisman USA – targeted the Marcellus shale. Responsible for well navigation based on MWD gamma and seismic data, strip log creation, reporting, sample descriptions, gas system maintenance and monitoring.
MUDLOGGING and EDR (RIGWATCH) NETWORK SUPPORT to major oil companies in Alaska and California – most recently for ExxonMobil at Point Thomson – North Slope, Chevron Steelhead Platform-Cook Inlet, Conoco-Phillips – Tarn – North Slope, Marathon Sunrise Lake, Kasilof South, Beaver Creek – Kenai Peninsula, Chevron/Unocal Happy Valley, Swanson River – Kenai, Occidental Elk Hills – California, and more.
ANALYZED, AND DEVELOPED complex engineering systems, including geologic and other 3D modeling, grid manipulation, reserve estimation. Evaluated project requirements; created and provided custom engineering modeling systems; subsequently utilized the systems to demonstrate results of proposed engineering projects, to anticipate structural performance and to provide the ability to evaluate alternatives.
DEVISED SOLUTIONS to reduce data capture costs and increase accuracy. Studied working personnel to determine challenges and unique problems; assessed environmental considerations and selected appropriate hardware; developed systems to alleviate technical difficulties and streamline calculations.