Mr. Valantas’s experience equips him to handle almost any facilities or engineering type project.
BSME from Arizona State University in 1960 (graduated with distinction).
2005 – Present – Petrotechnical Resources of Alaska
- I reviewed the new Engineering Technical Practices (ETPs) for rotating equipment issued by BP London and rewrote the BP Alaska Exploration rotating equipment specifications in the new ETP format to be consistent with the new ETPs.
1998 – 2003 – Emerald Consultants
- Writing Arco Alpine operating procedures (including generation system turbine procedures).
- Arco Alaska Local Gas Injection vendor rotating equipment proposal review and preparation of questions for vendor meetings.
- BP Badami Fine Water Mist System review and preparation of a recommendation report.
- Preparation of BP Badami rotating equipment preservation procedures.
- Preparation of BP Turbine Maintenance Practice.
- Project Manager for BP Northstar Emergency Generator Replacement. Total cost of the project was $3MM. The project was completed within budget and on schedule and was well received by Operations.
1982 – 1998 – Sohio/BP Exploration (Alaska)
- Supervisor Rotating/Stationary Equipment Group
- Manager Engineering Services
- Team Leader roles for:- Endicott rotating equipment commissioning
– Endicott Seawater Improvement Program
– Endicott Facilities Debottlenecking Study
– PBU Process Safety Management Mechanical Integrity
- Prudhoe Bay GC-2 Project Engineer
- Facility Engineering Operations Integrity Assurance Coordinator
- BPXA Standards Consultant
- BPXA State Fire Marshal Coordinator
1960 – 1982 – Shell Oil Company
- All of the time with Shell was spent in various technical and supervisory positions in Shell’s chemical plants, refineries and Head Office Engineering organization. Wide experience in plant design, maintenance, project engineering, rotating equipment and management.