Stephen Reusing has significant experience in North Slope Wellsite operations, including coiled-tubing and conventional rig horizontal-drilling / geo-steering. Twenty-seven years of Alaska/North Slope Geology experience. Excellent communication, interpersonal and decisions-making skills.
MS in Geology – University of Georgia, Atlhens, Georgia- 1979
BA in Geology – East Carolina University. Greenville, NC 1973
1996 – Present– CONSULTING WELLSITE GEOLOGIST – NORTH SLOPE, ALASKA PETROTECHNICAL RESOURCES OF ALASKA & ORBIS ENGINEERING INC.
- Extensive horizontal / Geo-steering experience. Milne Point, West Sak, Prudhoe Bay, Niakuk, Kuparuk, West Beach, Pt. McIntyre, Liberty and Endicott Fields. Coring operations, geochemical sampling — Niakuk
1991-1994- AREA GEOLOGIST/SUPERVISOR – EASTERN EXTENSION EXPLORATION, ARCO ALASKA, INC., ANCHORAGE, ALASKA
- Directed Exploration Programs on North Slope of Alaska, Developed Long Range Plans for- Extension Exploration Effort, Acquired and Administered $1 5 -20 MM / Year Exploration Drilling Budget. Supervised 6 to 9 Technical Staff – provided technical review/critique of all prospects- provided direction and leadership to staff- provided short and long-term goal settiting- administered company policies, and conducted employee evaluations. Authored Field Rules Testimony for W. Beach and N. Prudhoe Bay Oil Fields.
- Supervised Evaluation of State and Federal OCS Lease Sales, Developed New, Prospect/Plays
1989 -1991– SENIOR EXPLORATIONIST EASTERN EXTENSION EXPLORATION, ARCO ALASKA, INC., ANCHORAGE. ALASKA
- Prospect Generation / Lease Sale Evaluation — Federal OCS & State, Well-Site Geologist Pt.McIntyre Field (New Field Discovery), Extensive well-site operations including core recovery/description, lithology log descriptions, casing and core points determinations, geochemical sampling
1985 -1999– SENIOR PRODUCTION GEOLOGIST – LISBURNE OIL FIELD, ALASKA N. SLOPE, ARCO ALASKA.INC., ANCHORAGE, ALASKA
- Carbonate Petrology / Petrography Studies — Reservoir Description, Porosity Continuity Analysis / Reservoir Mapping, Fault / Fracture Analysis for Integration with Waterflood Pilot Program, Extensive Well-Site /Coring, Operations
1982 -1985- EXPLORATION GEOLOGIST – BERING SEA/SEWARD PENINSULA. ALASKA ARCO ALASKA, INC., ANCHORAGE, ALASKA
- Field Party Chief — Seward Peninsula Field Programs, directed field geology studies / remote operations, conducted recognizance sampling, mapping, compiled and analyzed data collected. authored and presented field party reports, Prospect Generation and OSC Lease Sale Evaluation.
1979 -1982– PETROLEUM EXPLORATION GEOLOGIST, AMOCO PRODUCTION COMPANY, NEW ORLEANS LA, OPERATIONS AND PROSPECT GENERATION
• PC (Windows 98), Macintosh computers, and Sun workstations.
• Excel and Word, Mapping Programs (Zmap and CPS-4)
• log analysis and cross¬ section graphics programs
• current Northslope safety/H2s and environmental training